First Aid Course - Fully booked
Date: 21st July 2019
Start time : 9.30 – duration 3.5 hours
Venue: Padworth Village Hall, Padworth Lane, Padworth, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4HY
Dog First Aid are the only UK providers of the CPD accredited Emergency Canine CareTM course. Our course is developed with Vets and fully complies with the Veterinary Surgeons Act – it is designed to give both dog care professionals and owners the skills and confidence to act swiftly and to administer emergency first aid, in the event of a dog in their care becoming ill or injured.
The half day course is packed with information and the opportunity for all attendees to get hands on practice, using our veterinary mannequin dogs. Topics covered include;
- How to examine a dog correctly and safely
- Vital signs – normal parameters and how to check
- Scene assessment – keeping yourself safe whilst helping the dog
- What a Dog First Aiders Role is – what you can and can’t do
- Canine CPR – NOT the same as with a human!
- How to act if a dog is choking
- Dog Fights – how to split up two dogs wanting to kill each other
- Seizures – how you can help
- Dealing with a dog in shock
- Different Types of Bleeds and what to do
- Drowning Dogs – when can they drown and how to react
- Which burns to treat and how
- Heat stroke – not just a summertime danger
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Eye Injuries
AND MUCH MORE!
On successful completion, course attendees receive their certificate in Emergency Canine Care, which lasts for 3 years.
Our trainers are all Certified Trainers in Emergency Canine Care and have all completed extensive training with members of The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. We receive, as a minimum, quarterly updates, to ensure the course content provides the very latest in emergency canine care best practice.
SFLS Members – £30 NON SFLS Members – £35